Friday 22 November 2013

Today's CL EOD charts

I did not turn my charts on until 17:00 GMT (12:00 EST) today, as I wanted a day off from trading.  Even this late in the day, there were quite a few trading opportunities and I was very tempted to take them, but I was disciplined and did not take any.

Yesterday, I noted on the charts  (21 range) that price was at a very important supply zone that had held several times when it has been tested.  Today, price opened below it and pushed up into it before falling around 150 ticks.  Pity I decided to take today off, as it was something I would have been looking for after seeing the large amount of limit sell orders at the supply zone late yesterday.

After the large fall, price recovered over 100 ticks, before falling away late in the day.  There was a great reversal signal at the low with a very good reverse HVC squat bar on the 800 tick chart and the largest 1 min volume closing in it's middle, followed by a impulsive up move, then a corrective down move. Pity I decided to take today off.

With not opening the chart until late, there was no Bid/Ask data from the Gomi tool to show if there was Delta Divergences at either the high or low.  So the charts seem strange and lacking information to me.  I seem to be very reliant on the data provided by the Delta Divergence tool.  It really has improved my reading of the charts and has helped with timing my entries better.  Also for seeing the better S&D zones.

Here are the charts:







 

No comments:

Post a Comment