Wednesday 27 November 2013

Today's CL trades

I did not take any trades today.  I wrote yesterday that I would not take any counter trend trades and I stuck to this vow.  However, I was also unable to take trend trades too.  I had several sell signals after retrace, but I did not take any of them, because I found reasons not to. 

I was using the 5 tick Better Renko chart for my entry chart today.  I believe this is the best chart for seeing the RPM entries after a retrace.  I actually requested the RPM modification last year, in order to take these type of trades and it works very well with this chart.

As I said, I found reasons (excuses) for not taking these trades, which I have noted on the Renko chart.  Needless to say, in another down day, all these trades would have been successful, giving a minimum of 40 ticks per trade.

I cannot understand my reluctance to take these trades, except that I was afraid of being wrong.  Whereas, I never feel this way whenever I take a counter trend trade.

I was actually going to take a counter trend trade based on a squat bar from the 800 tick chart at the low of day.  Under normal circumstances, I would take this trade without hesitation, but today, I decided to be disciplined with counter trend trades.  Pity, as it would have been a very good trade with a possible 40 ticks.

Anyway, I will be taking the next 2 days off due to the US bank holiday and will be thinking over my problem of having to be right with trend trades, when this does not apply to counter trend trades.

Here are the charts:





No comments:

Post a Comment