Wednesday 20 November 2013

Today's ES EOD charts and the RISBAR set up

I took two trades on ES today, and once again, they were either wrong thinking or bad trade management.  I am getting extremely concerned with my recent trading.  Despite very good entries my trade management leaves a lot to be desired and it needs improving.  I will rethink my exit strategy over the weekend and attempt to make improvements to my thinking when in a trade.

The first trade today was a short, soon after the open.  But as we were in an uptrend at the time, I should have been looking to buy at a DZ.  I scratched the trade.  But missed out on a very good long, trade by thinking short.

The second trade was a short at a good SZ from the previous 2 days and I entered at the SZ, but scratched straight away after taking 5 ticks of heat because I believed I had entered too early.  If I was more observant instead of being emotional, I would have seen limit sell orders on the Volume chart, which would have enabled me to hold on to it. 

Price fell another 20 points after this.  Not that I would have been looking for that sort of profit, but it highlights really bad trade management.

After this I did not trade ES again, even though there were very good opportunities to short the market, especially after the FOMC minutes were released.  I had become too emotional with my trading today.

After I had stopped trading CL, I saw a very good short set up that would have been very good.  Pity I did not hold on to the short I had taken earlier, as the SL would not have been hit and a possible 70 tick with the FOMC.

Here are the charts: Note that on the ES 1 min chart, I have noted 'RISBAR', this is a trend entry after a retrace and the RISBAR refers to 'Reverse Inside Squat Bar After Retrace'.  This is one of my favourite trend entries.  This once again shows the importance of the Squat Bar indicator in my trading.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment