Thursday 3 January 2013

Today's Trade

I took one trade today on gold after  seeing a squat proxy inside bar set up. This is one of my newer set up, and it is traded in the same manner as a squat bar set up. It was a good entry, but I failed to set the first target correctly, missing an obvious supply zone for one above it. I should also have looked at the 500 tick chart for the target confirmation rather than just the 5 min chart. Probably due to rustiness. Anyway, I have attached 3 videos showing how I identifed the trade and how the trade was badly managed after I realised my mistake. I suppose it is better to make and identify these mistakes while on sim, rather than when trading live. I will be going live after one more week on sim.


http://screencast.com/t/ilXcU1INF


I missed a good squat bar set up on CL whilst trading gold. I probably need to get an indicator built to alert me when a squat bar appears on a 5 and 15 min chart, then I won't have to miss these trades.

For some unknown reason, I am unable to post today's screenshots.



No comments:

Post a Comment