Tuesday 9 April 2013

Today's trade

I took a counter trend short on GC today after missing out on a good long set up because I had distracted myself by looking at CL at the time the buy signal arrived.  And as there was no trend re-engagement opportunities, I had to wait for a counter trend set up.  This arrived, when I saw a HVC bar on much larger volume than the previous bar on the 2 min chart. I placed 2 limit orders and used a very tight stop loss of 4 ticks in case I was wrong as I know this thing can move against you if you are.

It worked very well and I only took 2 ticks of heat.  I exited for a 30 tick profit at a demand zone from the 400 volume chart.  So this trade worked out very well.  However, price has continued going down, but I am quite happy at seeing this trade live.

The ES again continue to confound me.  It behaved the same as yesterday, with a good CCH break at the open of the session which could have got a six point profit, then we had a HVC inside squat bar on the 1 hour chart.  Price broke to the upside and continued up into the supply zone that has been on my charts since last Tuesday.

Price continued up and broke through the top of the supply zone and then reversed, closing below it. This looks like a Market Maker manoeuvre to take out stops and then push down.  But I may be wrong and this improbable up move will continue.

Tomorrow is the FOMC so, I expect some basing before it and then and a breakout after.  But in which direction?  We will see.





No comments:

Post a Comment