Thursday 16 February 2012

Fourth post

Today, I took a couple of Change of Trend (COT) trades.  One each on Oil and Gold and some counter trend (CT) scalps.  I do not know why I take CT scalps as trend re-engageents are much better and less stressful, but I digress.

I have attached a couple of charts to show the COT trades, but the gist was that I entered too early on the Gold trade and had to sit through 40 ticks of heat (yes, I did not use a stop loss even though I know it is wrong).  I will concentrate on taking more time on my entries for COT trades.  Again, as I entered too early and also scaled in (doubled down), I exited far too early and watched gold move another 200 ticks.

My entry on the oil trade was perfect and I did not take even 1 tick of heat, but only held on for 7 ticks.  When will I learn?

On a brighter note, I scalped 15 ticks on my live account today, so not all bad.

Here is today's summary. As you can see the MAE is not very good because of going into a large loss on the COT gold trade.



No comments:

Post a Comment