Friday 18 May 2012

Today's trade

I was up very late today as I did not go to bed until 06:30 am this morning, so I missed the good
moves at the London opening again and was also not available when price reached a supply zone on GC I had  identified, but would not have taken due to the basing and RPM breakout just below the supply zone.

Anyway, I was looking at the CL charts when I identified a demand zone from this morning and also the 1K volume chart had a demand zone from early this afternoon.  But as it was a swing low in a down trend, I waited for confirmation and took it on the 6 tick chart where I had seen a few RPM up bars in a range, telling me that the buyers were more aggressive at this level.  The trade was only for 62 ticks as I had seen selling coming with 3 HVC bars on the 6 ticks at a supply level.

Today was options expiry so, we have had a small range day on oil and the contract will be rolled over next week.

Here are the charts with explanation.





No comments:

Post a Comment