Thursday 31 May 2012

Today's Oil action

I focused mostly on Oil today and missed the good trend re-engagement trades on TF and ES.  See below for explanation of the trades on those instruments. I lost my first 3 CL trades, by trying to fight the down trend.  I do not understand, why I always seem to be fighting the trend, when trend re-engagement entries are easier and more profitable.

Anyway, after the first 3 losers, I eventually got into a winning long trade and held for 52 ticks, but should have held it to a supply zone for over 100 ticks.  I then took a trend re-engagement long at a throwback, but only held for 20 ticks, missing out on another possible 50 ticks. I then took a supply trade with a RPM reverse signal, and again baled out too quickly for another 20 ticks, only to see price moved further down for what should have been another 100 tick trade.

So from today, I need to learn not to keep fighting the trend and wait for a good reverse entry signal, either with the MACD or RPM and look for more trend re-engagement trades.

I still ended up on the day, on CL, despite not trading it very well

Here are the CL charts with all my lines and boxes to show how my charts look while I am analysing as price unfold during the day. I have not put the trades on the charts as they would make the charts too messy, but pointed them out on the 10 range bar chart.





No comments:

Post a Comment