Wednesday 18 December 2013

3rd Trade (post FOMC)

I took a third trade today.  I have only been taking 1 trade each day.  Yesterday, I did not take a trade as I was looking for longs but I could not get a good enough set up, so taking 3 today makes up for that.

I took this trade after the FOMC, after a corrective retrace back to a demand zone from the 12 range chart.  However, the entry signal was on the 30 second chart, which I use on FOMC days.  the signal was a squat up bar after a bounce from the demand zone.  The stop loss was 11 ticks, just below the recent low of a squat bar which ended the retrace.

I did not really have a target in mind, so once it took off, I put a target of 40 ticks.  Price stalled just below it, and I was going to exit then, but I pushed up my stop loss instead and fortunately, the target was achieved for 40 ticks.

So after a losing start today, on a trade I should not have taken, I ended up with 2 good winners. 

This is my last trading day before Christmas.  So I wont be posting anymore trades until after the new year.  I may still post some end of day analysis during that period.




No comments:

Post a Comment