Monday 2 December 2013

ES EOD charts

As I am only trading CL at the moment, I only look at ES intermittently during the trading hours.

Today, we saw a 11 point sell off.  The strange thing about this was that at the high there was a small RPM bar on the 5K vol chart, that only took 7 seconds from open to close.  We see 5K bars taking a small amount of time to complete at the close and open and on news related periods.  As this was not one of those, it was very unusual.  The other unusual thing was that on a 5K bar, there was 4902 buyers. 

After this bar, price fell 11 points.  The only thing I can think that happened here, was that a lot of stops was popped, and when I looked on the 15 min chart, I realised that this was at the high of a large 15 min CCH bar at the close of Fridays trading.

We know that the SM will use a holiday period to make their move and we may well be seeing the first shot of a large shakeout.  Or maybe, I am totally off base, and this was the beginning of a new buying wave.

Anyhow, if I was trading ES, I would just stick on what is going on each day, rather than making long term predictions.







 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment