Wednesday 18 December 2013

EOD Analysis

Well what a day this was.  We had the inventory report and FOMC today, yet a small daily range.  I took 3 longs today, with 2 winners and a loss.  I should not have taken the first (losing) trade, as the impulsive moves had changed to the downside with corrective up moves.  However, I had a long bias going into today's trades, especially after the very impulsive up move after the open.

I sometimes lose sight of what is happening on the chart due to my bias.  For example, the same thing happened yesterday, and I had an opportunity to take a short, but I declined it because I was looking for longs.  In the end, I did not find a trade, which seemed like a wasted day.

So going forward, I need to keep focusing on impulsive vs corrective moves and not have any bias.

As I said on my previous post, I have now stopped trading for the holiday period and wont be trading until the new year.  I may still be posting some EOD analysis during the holiday period.

Here are some charts with comments:






No comments:

Post a Comment