Thursday 5 December 2013

Today's CL trade

Today's trade was taken after price had moved down after the open.  I was looking to engage the overall up move near a demand zone, and my entry signal was on the 800 tick chart, after I had seen a LV delta imbalance bar. I put in a limit order and was filled straight away.  I took 1 tick of heat on this trade.  my stop loss was a tick below the LV bar for 8 ticks.

Price rallied about 20 ticks, but then retraced back down.  However, it rallied again, with a very large engulfing bar on the 800 tick chart.  After I had seen that, I moved my stop loss under the engulfing bar.

The next significant action was a break above the opening high.  This was done with force, and I was expecting my target of the Globex high to be hit.

Unfortunately, I saw a very bearish sign with a reverse HVC delta imbalance bar on the 2 minute chart and I was going to close my trade with 30 ticks there and then.  However, I pushed up my stop loss instead, and was stopped out for 22 ticks, after seeing the trade post a MFE of 48 ticks.  This was a R:R of 6 at the time.  Which by any standards is extremely good.  My eventual R:R was nearly 3, so it was still a good trade.

So, I have mixed feelings on this trade.  It was well planned and the entry was well executed, but I should have exited once I had seen the reverse signal and waited for another opportunity.

At this moment, price is above where I was stopped out and looks like it will reach my target..  Maybe I should have left it under the engulfing bar.  Anyway, I am not too disappointed.  There will be another opportunity.

Here are the charts:










No comments:

Post a Comment